Monday, August 8, 2011

35th National Milo Marathon - Race Results

I was really excited in this run, my first major run. I was a bit disappointed that Jeri and ate Yna didn't run due to a bad weather. But I was really determined and had  a mindset that no matter what happens, I will definitely run. It's a good thing Angel confirmed that he was. I had a taxi to bring me to MOA, this also my first run in MOA, so many first in here. When I was looking for the 21k baggage area. I heard the gunstart. The race I was excited about started without me. Finally, I found the baggage area. I pleaded to the baggage staff to get my bag immediately. I jumped off the steel fence and with no warm up, I ran.

The rain poured like there's no tomorrow, well I was just exaggerating a bit, another first on the list. But I felt great I believed the rain will give me more strength. I was looking for Angel and for other familiar faces but I can't find anyone until I reached the Luneta U-turn. I paced with Angel up to 13 km. I was surprise I was still running up to that point maybe the POWERAIN(Poweraid+Rain) helped me. I increased my pace for 1 km and noticed my eyes is getting blurry. I didn't know if it's the rain that gets into my eyes or I was exhausted. To worsen things up, I felt pain on my stomach, it's like a cramp or something. It happens to me normally on every run. I asked someone about the time, I had run for almost 1.5 hr. I felt confident that I can beat the cutoff time of 2.5 so I slowed a bit and did the run-walk strategy. At last I saw the last turn and saw the time, 2:06. I knew I had more strength left in me so I sprint the last 200 meters. A new PR. I was so happy. I can't help but shout. I didn't care about other finishers who finished ahead of me. I really love the medal. It's worth running. I wished every medal would be this great.

Well when I saw the official result, my official time logged to 2:16. I was disappointed, again. But all-in-all, it was a great run. Running in the rain is really something that all runners must experienced. Till next year Milo.

Race Results
Bazumedia

Photos
Run Philippines
Runner's Circle
Mediabetes Runner
KB Photography
Joebert Dela Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment