Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yamaha Run for Heroes - July 3, 2011 - Race Results

Arrived early at BGC. Only Jeri and I participated in the event. Luckilly she was able to convinced her ate Yna to do the camera jobs. I did my usual warm up and stretching. I noticed a Kenyan jog. I can't help myself but observe him for a little while. I was curios on how he warm up and run. Nothing special I think.

I proceed to the 21k area and prepare for the gunstart. I was confident to achieve my goal time(2:10:00) and beat my PR. It's also a test run for the Milo Marathon eventhough it's 3 week after this event.

The gunstart fires and I ran slower than my normal pace. I had to remind my self not to run fast for at least 2km. I surged to the first water station, that was about less than 100 meters, drink water and walk for 30 seconds and run my planned pace.

I finished the race not feeling exhausted however my legs were tired. Especially my right knee. I felt pain whenever I bend it to touch my chest. Maybe my endurance is not yet enough for 21k.

I was little bit disappointed since I didn't reached my goal and not break my PR. But I was happy overall. It was my best run so far. To add to my disappointment, there is no medal waiting for me at the finish line. But runrio assured us that it will be delivered. I received my medal yesterday, thanks.

I would like to congratulate Jeri on her first 10k with a time 1:07. That is much faster than my first run which is 1:11.

I can't believe there are also cheaters on this event. I was surprised when Ms. Joy of PPCC talked to me about it. For me, the main purpose of running is discipline. I train hard to finished the race but others simply do the easy thing. On the second thought cheating is never easy hahaha. Maybe they also train on how to cheat. See story from Kulit on the Run.


Photos:
Greentennial Photos
Mediabetes Runner
Run Philippines

See Results here
Source: Bazumedia

No comments:

Post a Comment